April 16, 2018
Becoming an accredited coach is your first step to developing the skills and confidence required to assist your running group to be their best.
Our courses are engaging, educational, and entertaining and are designed to give you a practical understanding of coaching at all levels of the sport.
How Do I Become Accredited?
The first step for a coach looking to become accredited is to attend a Level 1 Recreational Run Leader course. This one-day course introduces the fundamental skills of coaching and there are no pre-requisites to attend.
At the completion of the course all successful participants will receive coaching accreditation with Athletics Australia.
What is the next step after completing Level 1?
Upon completion of Level 1 coaches are able to enrol in the Level 2 Intermediate Recreational Running Coach course. This course trains coaches to develop the fundamental technical and strategic skills for runners training for 5km through to ultra-marathon events.
Coaches can then progress their education further by completing the Level 2 Advanced Recreational Running Coach course. This course is designed to train coaches who have moved beyond the beginner level of coaching and who want to improve their skills and knowledge in order to take the runners they coach to a higher level.
What are the advantages of being accredited?
- Accreditation with the Australian Sports Commission through the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme;
- Coaching Accreditation Card mailed to you;
- Eligibility to attend higher level Accredited Coach Education Courses;
- Public Liability, Products Liability, Professional Indemnity and Personal Injury insurance;
- Tri-annual Athletics Coach Magazine emailed to you;
- Access to coaching resources and technical support from Athletics Australia;
- Access to the Accredited Athletics Coach Resource Database;
Recreational Running coach courses and links for registration are available on the Upcoming Courses page.
If there are no courses currently planned for your area, please contact Qrun indicating your preferred course and location.