Recipe makes 6 pancakes.
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (or your flour of choice)
- ¼ cup currants
- 40g chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- splash of milk
1. In a mixing bowl, mash the banana until a smooth puree (use a fork for this)
2. Add in the sifted buckwheat flour, salt, cinnamon, chia seeds and currants to the mix and combine well
3. The mix will be quite dense at this point, so loosen it off by adding the eggs and a splash of milk – remember that the banana is very wet and the pancakes will retain some of this moisture, so don’t go too over the top
4. Heat a large frying pan on a medium heat, and drizzle with small amount of peanut oil
5. Ladel in the mix into the pan (¼ cup measure works perfectly to make 6 pancakes)
6. Allow mix to set and colour lightly before flipping
7. Once you’ve arrived at a lovely golden brown pancake, remove from the pan and set aside to cool.