Queensland Athletics Advice
Qrun Club, Groups and Members
Re June 1 Stage 2 COVID 19 Restrictions
You will have heard that Premier Annastacia Palaszczk announced a move to Stage 2 COVD 19 restrictions as of yesterday 1 June. This is great news as we are now allowed organised non-contact training with groups of 20 or less.
Below if updated advice for recreational running Club and Groups.
Committee members of your Club or Groups should all read and stay up to date with the Queensland Government – Return to Play online hub
NOTE:Sport Australia, Athletics Australia and other States all have posted also advice, in some cases this differs from the Queensland Government Advice, please follow the above advice and that provided by Queensland Athletics and Qrun.
- Ensure members understand the risk they pose to other members if they have any of the COVID 19 symptoms, even minor and do not attend if they do.
- Check that there are no restrictions at the chosen venue, by preference chose a public space with low numbers attending. If the venue is busy look to move to another location.
- Obtain hand sanitiser
- Preference is for all participants to bring their own sanitiser and use it on a regular basis
- Pre-registration in the best, use of the Qrun supplied RevSport system will automatically then keep a record of all participants for contact tracing and can be set to limit participants to the required 20. Qrun and Queensland athletics Staff can assist if required.
- Pre-registration all participants to agree to pre-register waiver saying that they have no symptoms
- If you decide to use another method to organise your groups, such as email or social media, you must keep a record of those that attend, ensure everyone know to not turn up with even minor symptoms and restrict numbers in any group to 20 or less including Coach / Run Leader.
- Visitors to training must collect name + email
On the Day
- Make sure runners respect social distancing even when running – stay at least 2m apart and avoid running in others’ slipstream
- No sharing water bottles
- No high fives or hugs or handshakes
- Try not to hang around too long after training – get in, get out approach
- Avoid public facilities wherever possible
- Max of 20 people including coaches
- If there are more than 20 people within your training session, each group is to be spaced apart as separate groups and assigned a separate run leader or coach so one particular coach isn’t going around to all the groups – no comingling between groups, before, during or after.
- Make sure you demonstrate good behaviour on social media
- Make sure members are aware of abiding by these guidelines on all runs
If you have any questions please feel free to contact myself or Benita Willis at:
CEO Queensland Athletics